This chia seed pudding recipe is one of my favorites and has been enjoyed by many of my 30 Day Jumpstart members. I thought I’d share it here on the blog so that you can enjoy it too! If you struggle with seed to milk proportion, I’ve got you covered! Below is my tried and tested recipe. Just remember the key steps, stirring and shaking. All this to ensure you get all the seeds incorporated and hence on their way to gelling up!
WHY BRING CHIA SEEDS INTO YOUR DIET?
Chia seeds are packed with nutrients and date back to the Aztecs. They are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, anti oxidants and potassium, magnesium and zinc. All of these nutrients are so good for women’s health.
Omega three fatty acids promote healthy skin, alleviate menstrual cramps, Improve bone and joint health, reduce inflammation and a whole host of benefits.
- 1 cup milk ( nut milk, soy milk or whole )
- 2½ tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ( optional)
- In a small mason or repurposed jar add all the ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Close the lid and shake the jar to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Refrigerate upto an hour or overnight and when ready to eat add fruit, nut and or seeds of choice.
- You can choose to add more milk as the chia soaks up the liquid.
- Et voila, super simple, super filling and a great meal prep recipe.
Chia seeds keep longer in the fridge and you get puffed up chia every time!