Chia kheer you say? Being South Asian I absolutely love kheer but because I try to limit my carbs, I came up with a great substitute for the rice. Chia! And why not? It seems to work perfectly in my Chia Oat Cereal and Chia Pudding
Try it out and tell me what you think in comments! Tag me in all your pics on Instagram @eatdrinkpure
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 pinch cardamom crushed and skin removed
- Pistachios crushed
- Edible rose petals optional
- Pomegranate seeds optional
- In a mason jar, put all the ingredients except for the toppings.
- Stir everything really well, making sure to get all the chia seeds at the bottom of the jar as chia tend to get very quickly.
- A good shake of the jar will also help.
- Refrigerate up to 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, add the toppings and enjoy!
- I usually make my chia pudding in mason jars for grab and go breakfasts but you can make it family style in a bowl. In that case, just quadruple the recipe.