This salad pairs perfectly with my Gluten Free Khao Suey.
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional garnish)
- Wash, slice and chop all the vegetables and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing and drizzle on the salad.
- Toss to coat all the vegetables and enjoy!
Dress the salad just before serving. Although most of the vegetables are hearty and won't wilt quickly, it is best to not store them too long with the dressing as they will lose their "crunch".