I’ve been spamming you on my IG stories with my love affair for cauliflower fried rice but I kid you not, this may be my new favorite way to eat cauliflower and possibly yours too after you try this recipe! It’s quick, simple and meal prep friendly plus a low carb, Whole 30 approved way to enjoy a classic.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 lb /3-4 cups riced cauliflower frozen would work really well
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or any neutral oil.
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 cup peas and carrots I get the frozen mix bag you can sub with any other veggies of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or sub with soy sauce if you’re not on whole 30
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted sesame seed oil
- Scallions from one green onion
- Heat oil in a wok or pan on medium high heat.
- Add onions and stir till translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir for another 30 seconds. You'll start to smell them.
- Add peas and carrots and stir to coat.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Stir for 30 seconds. you will see the sauce thicken.
- Add eggs right into the pan and scramble.
- Lastly add riced cauliflower, sesame seed oil and scallions. Stir for a minute on high heat switch the stove off and cover the pan.
- Let the rice sit for a couple of minutes before enjoying.
- I often get my cauliflower rice frozen for the sake of convenience but it is pretty easy to make your own. If you do make it yourself, make sure you don’t process it too fine or else it’ll turn into mush.Toasted sesame oil at the end gives the rice an umami flavor so characteristic of Chinese cuisine but definitely isn’t detrimental to the dish!
Have you tried my Khao Suey recipe? If not, hop on over, it’s the most popular dish in my home! I make it with several options!