These ginger turmeric immunity shots are the perfect addition to my collection of immune centered recipes. After the immense hit of my Lemon Ginger Elixir and Immunity Bombs recipes on both Facebook and Instagram, I figured we needed one that didn’t require hot water. So let’s make it!
Ginger – Ginger contains the powerful compound Gingerol which is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits and the ability to fight infections.
Turmeric – Turmeric contains the compound Curcumin, known for its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and anticancer properties.
Citrus – I have used oranges and lemons for their vitamin C in this recipe but you can easily use grapefruit instead.
Coconut water – Coconut water has naturally occurring electrolytes and has shown to help fight mild illness but you can use water as well.
Black pepper – Studies show that the absorption of Curcumin, the compound found in turmeric is greatly enhanced when combined with Piperine, (by 2000%!) the compound found in black pepper.
HOW TO MAKE THESE IMMUNITY SHOTS
Peel and quarter the citrus and blend with coconut water, ginger root, turmeric root or powder and black pepper. I used the powder because I had some fresh, hand milled variety. Don’t forget to add the black pepper as it helps with the absorption of the Curcumin compound in the turmeric.
Once the mixture is ready, strain over a clean bowl to get rid of the fiber and store in a mason jar as I have in the video or in individual shot bottles.
MORE IMMUNE BOOSTING RECIPES TO TRY
I hope you try this recipe out! If you do, please let me know in comments how it worked out for you! You can also tag me on Instagram @eatdrinkpure with your pics. I love seeing you try out my recipes!
Orange Turmeric Immunity Shots
- 4 oranges I used Navel oranges
- 1 small lemon
- 2 cups coconut water
- 4 inch ginger root cut into coins
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder or 2 inch root
- 2 tsp black pepper ground
- Peel and cut the citrus into quarters.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend till fully incorporated.
- Over a clean bowl, strain out the juice to get rid of the fiber and store in small bottles or a mason jar. Just make sure to consume the juice within 3-4 days to ensure freshness and potency.
- Pour 2 ounces worth into a glass and enjoy.
- Turmeric tends to stain the equipment and counter tops so make sure to wash and wipe all surfaces immediately after!