Here’s a chocolate mug cake recipe I’ll have to admit was inspired by my teen and his endless mug cake baking when the lockdown started. Always looking for healthier, paleo alternatives, I created this recipe that has quickly replaced his Google search, refined flour version:)
Hope you like this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make it or come back and comment here to let me know how it works out for you.
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 egg, whipped
- 2 tablespoons milk (nut, whole)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (maple syrup, coconut sugar, date sugar)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- In a wide mouth mug add all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine
- Add the wet ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine
- Microwave for 90 second and let sit for about 5 minutes
- Garnish with cocoa powder, icing sugar, berries and a scoop of dairy free ice cream.
Make sure you whip the egg and mix it well otherwise you will get the cooked white in the cake.
If you are sensitive to eggs, leave it out. The result will be a denser, more fudgy cake!
Depending on your microwave setting, cook time may vary. Keep an eye on your cake and put a plate under it so that you can prevent any overflow!