So who doesn’t love a good moist, rich and fudgy chocolate cake? And if you are avoiding gluten and dairy then this Paleo chocolate brownie cake will hit the spot! I know it is my absolute favorite dessert to have and I’m almost scared at how easy this is to make because I have been making way too much of it!
MY GLUTEN FREE JOURNEY
Going gluten free meant I was not able to enjoy the conventionally made, good old chocolate cake. In retrospect I think this may be the hardest thing to give up. It’s been six years and although it was tough at first, I can assure you, the craving has gotten better with time. I share a lot about my journey here on the website and in my youtube videos.
In this particular video below I talk about sugar and some steps you can take to break up with added sugar which can be highly inflammatory if eaten in excess.
THE BEST GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE
So why has it taken me this long to come up with a gluten free version of my favorite dessert? Well, I would make other people’s recipes that included black beans amongst other ingredients and I made do with dark chocolate and fruit for the most part.
Having coached hundreds of women struggling with the transition to a gluten free diet the past three years, I did feel the need to create something that would make the change easier so here we are!
This cake is simple to make and doesn’t compromise on taste!
If you’re like me and find yourself looking for gluten free desserts and snacks that don’t have nasty ingredients, well then you’re in the right place. Let’s bake!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my
Sneaky Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
If you make this recipe, make sure to let me know how you liked it by rating it and commenting below!
And tag me on Instagram @eatdrinkpure so I can see your creations!
Paleo Chocolate Cake
- 3 cups Almond flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients with with a whisk to fully incorporate.
- Beat eggs in a smaller bowl and add to the cake mixture a little bit at a time, stirring to incorporate fully.
- Add the ghee to the mix, again a little bit at a time if it is fresh and warm like mine in the video.
- Add the oil and stir.
- Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- In a 10 inch round parchment lined pan ( I used (2) 8 inch round pans because that is what I had on hand) add the batter ⅔ way full and tap to help the cake batter settle and drive out any air bubbles.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Enjoy on it's own, with some ice cream or dress it up with some frosting!
Leave a Reply