This chocolate zucchini bread is healthy without compromising on taste. This recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch boxes or after school for the kids! Make it into a loaf or muffins for on the go.
Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 1/2 cups zucchini shredded
- Extra chocolate chips for topping optional
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and brush a loaf pan with melted butter or oil
- Shred the zucchini with a box grater. Pat the zucchini with paper towel to remove excess water but not so much that it removes all moisture
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixture
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, melted butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry gradually and mix till combined
- Fold in the zucchini and ensure that it is evenly distributed
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and loosely scatter extra chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- This bread can be stored in an airtight container on the counter and enjoyed for up to 5 days.
- Make it paleo by using refined sugar free chocolate chips. Hu is a good brand with wholesome ingredients.
- Make it dairy free/vegan by using refined coconut oil instead of butter.