I made these for my Ramadan meal prep so you can watch me make them in the video below.
More meal prep friendly recipes to try
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 egg whipped
- 1 tablespoon gram flour
- 1 green chili pepper roughly chopped. I used Serrano
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Put the onion, green chili and cilantro into a food processor and process till finely chopped.
- Squeeze excess water from the onion mixture and add it to the beef.
- Add the salt, spices, gram flour and egg.
- Mix till well incorporated and refrigerate for up to 1/2 an hour.
- This will let the meat marinate before cooking.
- When ready, take a skewer, wooden spoon or chopstick and use that to form the shape signature of seekh kababs.
- Take a tennis ball sized chunk of meat and form an oblong shape around the skewer.
- Continue to make the kababs till the meat runs out. You should get about 18 kababs.
- Lay the uncooked kababs on a plate.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high heat and add about a tablespoon of oil to it.
- Pan fry the kababs till browned and cooked through about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve on its own or in a roti with some onion and tamarind chutney.
- You can bake these kababs too but my husband finds that seekh kababs are much juicier when pan fried or grilled.