Today I have a lamb chop recipe that will up the ummm factor to your July 4th Barb Q! My family and I recently became Costco members and we have started getting these lamb chops from there. They are really great quality and for those of you who are selective about your meat, and eat just HALAL certified, then you’re in luck! Costco sells these Frenched racks of lamb and they are $9.99 per pound.
**Update 2021** These lamb chops are now $11.99 per pound at Costco. Not too bad price wise. These would be about $20 for an entree of about four chops at a restaurant and you can get more bang for your buck by cooking these at home. I’ll show you how to make these with just a few ingredients!
- 4 pounds lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pink salt
- Cut the rack of lamb to separate each chop.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and coat the lamb chops with the mixture.
- Marinate meat for about 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature ( about 15 minutes)
- Heat a large pan and fry the chops in batches making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry each side 3-5 minutes and serve with mint chutney or any other condiment of choice.
I had always feared cooking lamb but honestly with some practise you can master the skill of cooking these cuts of meat! I hope you enjoy making this recipe! If you try it, let me know in the comments how you liked it. It always means a lot when I get reviews on my recipes. You can also tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation @eatdrinkpure.