These brownie bars are an absolute must if you have kids in the house. Especially if they are chocoholics like mine are.
My kids absolutely love them and I love that they love them. A win win. I found this recipe on www.minimalistbaker.com. and have been making them since.
What’s in these soft, chewy, chocolatey just the right amount of “crunch” bars you might ask? Well mainly:
The date is a superfood. Absolutely bursting with nutrients. Potassium, selenium and magnesium, to name a few. Dates are known to help in the prevention of cancer as well as decrease the risk of LDL cholesterol. This is the “bad” cholesterol that builds up on the inside of the blood vessels, increasing the risk of heat disease.
The walnut is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. It is high in Vitamin E which in turn helps protect against heart disease. Walnut consumption also aids HDL- the “good” cholesterol perform optimally in ridding the body of excess cholesterol.
Honey has powerful anti bacterial and anti fungal properties.It is high in Vitamin C, iron and calcium.
It has been shown to treat a host of diseases including those related to the gut.
Healthy No Bake Brownie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats gluten free
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 13 0 z.package baking dates
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- Toast the oats in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Put date paste,walnuts and cocoa powder in food processor and process till a ball forms.
- Empty the mixture into a bowl and mix the toasted oatmeal into it.
- Heat honey and almond butter on stove top and add into the mix.
- Use your hands to combine it altogether.
- Layer a square or 9 by 13 cake pan with plastic wrap and press the mixture down into it.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Lift out and cut the bars into 10 or 12 equal pieces.
- Store in airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator.
These bars can also be shaped into balls so go for the shape that works for you and make these today!
Let me know in comments if you make these and which shape you made!