So out with the processed foods, in with the natural. Ah, easier said than done! Especially if you have two growing boys. With hearty appetites.
With that in mind, it was crucial that I find a killer recipe for pancakes. And other such sweet treats.
I found it!
It was residing in the Allrecipes app. Thank you Kris for the Fluffy Pancakes. They are a total hit! I even made these while visiting family and my brother who is quiet the foodie made me give him the recipe. Growing up he was always the one cooking for me, it was time to return the favor:)
Try this next time you want to get a smile from the little ones or just impress brunch guests!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- In a cup pour milk and vinegar and let rest.
- Meanwhile in a seperate bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda,salt and sugar.
- With a whisk stir the dry ingredients so that they are mixed evenly.
- combine the milk to the flour.
- Whisk the egg and add to the batter.
- Melt the butter in microwave or stovetop.
- add slowly to the batter.
- Heat a large non stick skillet and pour 1/4 cupfuls into skillet
- Let bubbles form on the surface of the pancake before flipping to the other side.
- Make these with whole wheat flour.
- substitute the coconut sugar with honey.
You have to make these on the weekend! Or better yet, do breakfast for dinner night. Your family will be pleased!