You all feeling the humidity creeping in lately? It’s starting to here in Houston and we’re getting the first glimpse of summer!
Well, that’s perfect timing for this Pineapple Lime Cooler. Refreshing and hydrating with electrolytes from the coconut water and the perfect tang of lime.
This is a crowd pleaser with ingredients that are in season and available globally!
What makes this pineapple lime cooler so hydrating AND refreshing
- Coconut water. The base for this drink is coconut water. Coconut water is extremely hydrating due to the electrolytes present in it. This makes it perfect for athletes as well as anyone looking to hydrate effectively after a long day of fasting.
- Cucumber. Another source of water is the cucumber present in this beverage. I use half of a large cucumber.
- Pineapple. The star of this drink however is the pineapple. Because of the sweetness pineapple lends to this recipe, there is no need for any form of added sugar. However, do taste test if your pineapple is fresh as these tend to vary in sweetness/ripeness. The riper, the better.
- Stevia is my choice of sweetener if needed. Usually 1 drop suffices for me. Stevia is much sweeter than table sugar so add with caution.
I made this last year for my Online Ramadan Cooking Workshop and it was a total hit! My teen ended up having two glasses afterwards! I think that’s reason enough to share it here on the blog! Let me know if you try it and what you think in the comments!
Pineapple Lime Cooler
- 1 cup pineapple frozen preferably but fresh is fine too
- 1/2 cucumber
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup coconut water
- Stevia drops if needed
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz till incorporated.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Fresh pineapple can vary in sweetness so make sure to taste test and add your sweetener of choice if needed.