You all feeling the humidity creeping in lately? It’s starting to here in Houston and we’re getting the first glimpse of summer!
Well, that’s perfect timing for this Pineapple Lime Cooler. Refreshing and hydrating with electrolytes from the coconut water and the perfect tang of lime.
This is a crowd pleaser with ingredients that are in season and available globally!
What makes this pineapple lime cooler so hydrating AND REFRESHING
- Coconut water. The base for this drink is coconut water. Coconut water is extremely hydrating due to the electrolytes present in it. This makes it perfect for athletes as well as anyone looking to hydrate effectively after a long day of fasting.
- Cucumber. Another source of water is the cucumber present in this beverage.
- Pineapple. The star of this drink however is the pineapple. Because of the sweetness pineapple lends to this recipe, there is no need for any form of added sugar.
- Mint. Super refreshing and invigorating and great for digestion, adding mint to this drink makes it even better to break one’s fast.
Pineapple Lime Cooler
- 1 cup pineapple frozen preferably but fresh is fine too
- 1/2 cucumber
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup coconut water
- Mint to garnish
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz till incorporated.
- Enjoy immediately.
I made this last year for my Ramadan Cooking Workshop and it was a total hit! My teen was my taste tester and had two glasses! I think that’s reason enough to share it here on the blog! Let me know if you try it and what you think in the comments!