Ah sweet potato! How I love thee! My love affair with this vegetable goes back to my childhood. Sweet potato is a popular street food in Pakistan. Known as Shakarkandi, it is cooked on coal and served sprinkled with salt and red chilli powder.
A lot bigger and paler in color but the taste is just the same. Nostalgia!
The only problem? I was the only one enjoying it in my home. No one else cared for the vegetable. That is until I pizzaized (if that is a word) the sweet potato.
Mozzarella Sweet Potato Bites
- 8 Small sweet potatoes or 4 large ones
- 1 Cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes if desired
- Boil the sweet potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the boiled potatoes length wise and lay them face up on the cookie sheet
- Mash a little with fork to make them easy to eat.
- Cover with a generous amount of the cheeses and seasonings except red pepper flakes
- Bake till cheese melts, about 5-8 minutes
- Garnish with red pepper flakes
- Eat with skin or without, your choice
Oh yes, the plan worked. It was a hit!
Besides the fact that they taste good, sweet potatoes are a great source of:
- Vitamin A
This makes them great at preventing blood pressure. Also the fiber in sweet potatoes prevents constipation which means a healthier digestive tract. Read more about the health benefits here
Here’s a look at how it is made street style! No judgements please! I know, not the healthiest way to eat it!
Leave a Reply