Ever since I started my journey to health I have tried to start my day with what I call “Detox Water”. It has been a way to get my daily dose of vitamin C, benefit from the nutrients in ginger root and heal with turmeric.
It took place of my morning tea (It is quite filling and I found I had no space for tea after I drank this) It wasn’t easy breaking the habit but this promised to be much better for my health than caffeine first thing in the morning!
Although it sounds easy enough to fix since there is zero cooking involved, it can be time consuming to do it from scratch every morning especially if you have to run out to work/school/ errands. What I found helped is to bulk prep the concoction in a jar and enjoy it for days.
A regular old airtight jar is all you really need. Next, just put all the ingredients together. This way all you have to do is to boil some water and add a tablespoon of the mixture to it, et voila your detox water is ready to go!
- 2 medium sized lemons
- ½ inch ginger root
- Raw honey
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 small (17 oz) airtight jar
- Slice the lemons in quarters.
- Proceed to cut the quarters into thin slices
- Add this to the jar.
- Grate the ginger root and add this to the jar as well.
- Lastly sprinkle the turmeric.
- Pour the honey to the top of the jar.
- Mix the ingredients together and prick with a fork to get the juice out of the lemon.
- Close the jar and shake the ingredients together.
- Let sit overnight before using.
- Store in refrigerator.
This usually lasts a week to ten days leaving you ample time to tend to the other important things in life.
- Try and use organic and locally sourced ingredients whenever possible.
- If you do not wish to add honey just skip it. I usually make this combination so that I can ward off allergies.
- You can also add an orange for an added boost of Vitamin C!
Go on, try it! And then come back and tell me how it makes you feel!