When I was still overseas and trying to eat healthy I used to search Pinterest incessantly for wholesome and healthy recipes that would appeal to my palette as well as get my kids’ seal of approval. Amongst the most popular was one such recipe by Gimme Some Oven. It is a great base recipe and I make it often with some changes to suit my family. There are many add ins (cranberries, white chocolate chips, shredded coconut) but if you know me, you know I love chocolate!
I am just happy to be able to whip up an afternoon snack in a snap. Or even breakfast. Uhhh, actually I myself often treat it as dessert! hehe
and oh so good! I know, seldom do the two words meet to describe food.
- 1 cup Oatmeal (toasted)
- ¼ cup Honey
- ½ cup Almond butter
- ½ cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup flax seed (ground)
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients but oatmeal.
- Toast the oatmeal and add to the mix.
- Mix till all the ingredients are thoroughly combined
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes so that it is easier to form into balls
- Once chilled form into balls
- Store in airtight container
Note: You may want to wet your hands slightly while making the balls. This will prevent the mix from sticking to your hands!
You probably have the ingredients in your pantry, make them, you won’t want to go back to store bought ever again, I promise!
If you do make these, please come back and tell me how they turned out, i love feedback!